Łódź Film Fund 2019
Łódź Film Fund - 2019 edition
Below we present the results of the Łódź Film Fund 2019. Out of 29 projects submitted, those were chosen that had received the highest number of points according to the following 3 criteria: artistic values, pre-production in economic and realization terms and their regional and promotional effect for the City of Łódź and the Region.
The budget of the competition, amounting to over PLN 1,400,000 (€ 315,000), was allocated to the realization of 9 films. The best rated projects, selected to receive funding, include 4 animated, 2 documentary and 3 feature films. And so, EC1 Łódź - City of Culture is a co-producer of the following titles:
- The Bridge (Most), dir. Izumi Yoshida, Producer: Likaon
- The Forgotten Book (Zapomniana książka), dir. Agata Gorządek, Producer: Likaon
- Once There Was a Sea (Było sobie morze), dir. Joanna Kożuch, Producer: Anima-Pol
- How I Became A Supervillain (Jak zostałem Superłotrem), dir. Krzysztof Ostrowski, Producer: Animoon
- @miriamfrompoland, dir. Piotr Szczepański, Producer: Anagram Film
- The Limit (Granica), dir. Michał Kawecki, Producer: Polish Filmmakers Association (SFP)
- Sweat, dir. Magnus von Horn, Producer: Lava Films
- Adventures of a Mathematician (Geniusze), dir. Thorsten Klein, Producer: Shipsboy
- Dry Land (Sucha Ziemia), dir. Aga Woszczyńska, Producer: Lava Films
During its twelve-year-long activity, the Łódź Film Fund has supported over 80 projects, with the total amount of PLN 10 million (ca. €2.25 million). Among the films that have received financing we can name for instance: Ida and Cold War by Paweł Pawlikowski, In Darkness by Agnieszka Holland, Afterimage by Andrzej Wajda or Kill It and Leave This Town by Mariusz Wilczyński.
The Fund acts as a co-producer and is operated by the Łódź Film Commission. Submissions are accepted once a year and must regard full-length fiction, documentary and animated films connected with Łódź or the Łódź Region through the filming location, film post-production, or pre-production in the case of puppet animations. In order to apply for financing, the Producer must have its registered office or branch in Poland or co-produce the film with a Polish partner who is then the applicant.
Feel free to download the full set of application documents (available in Polish only).