About Łódź Film Commission
The Łódź Film Commission was established in 2009 as the first organisation of this type in Poland, being the next stage—after the Łódź Film Fund, set up two years before—in the film policy of the City of Łódź. The Łódź Film Commission provides comprehensive and professional assistance to producers of feature, documentary, and animated films, television programs, commercials, video clips, corporate videos, computer games, and all other forms of audiovisual production. Each project receives comprehensive assistance in finding the best locations, obtaining all types of permits or consents of property owners, closing off parts of parks, green areas or urban space for the purposes of the film crew etc. The Commission also offers support in contacts with entities of crucial importance for the preparation and production of a film, e.g. public services, such as the police or municipal guards, or the local media. The Łódź Film Commission also administers the Łódź Film Fund, which offers producers co-financing for feature, documentary, and animated films.
See how we can help you: download "The Filmmaker’s Guide" (PL/ENG, 10 MB, PDF).
The assistance offered by the Łódź Film Commission, from the moment you get in touch with us up to the decision that the shooting will take place in Łódź, is free of charge. Having selected the shooting locations, a producer can receive further support from the Commission for a flat-rate fee. The range of services offered by the Commission, the amount of the fee, and the cooperation conditions are set out in the Rules for Providing Film Production Services, adopted by way of a resolution of the director of EC1 Łódź—the City of Culture.
Our services include:
- assistance in searching for film locations,
- providing information about film, television, and multimedia production specialists operating in the city and in the region, as well as companies and institutions supporting this industry, e.g. legal counsels, translation companies, advertising agencies, the media, etc.,
- providing information about available city resources—shooting halls, etc.,
- assistance in obtaining all types of permits,
- assistance in talks with property owners,
- promoting Łódź and the region as a place that welcomes the most advanced film, television, and multimedia productions and other audio-visual initiatives.
Other tasks of the Łódź Film Commission include the creation of film production support instruments such as: the ŁFC discount card, reduced prices for occupying a traffic lane, and the creation of databases of shooting locations and film industry specialists, as well as the provision of information about any resources that a producer needs to run a project smoothly and efficiently.
The Łódź Film Commission is a member of the Association of Film Commissioners International (AFCI), Cine-Regio, the Film Commission Poland, and the regional film fund section in the Polish Audiovisual Producers’ Chamber of Commerce (KIPA).